Expressions of Interest are open to artists wanting to exhibit or perform in 'One Night in Footscray' this 23 November.
One Night in Footscray was established in 2017 and was a huge success - so we’re doing it again!
The event provides an exciting new way to discover the art spaces, galleries and venues within central Footscray. It's designed as a self-guided twilight journey through central Footscray, where audiences and participants can view and engage in a variety of high-quality art experiences, across different mediums and unexpected locations, all on one night.
The event aims to:
- encourage journeys through central Footscray and its creative spaces
- highlight the work of local artists and makers
- support emerging practitioners and students, creating a platform to showcase their work
- promote and encourage audiences and artists to see, experience and interpret Footscray, its people and places.
Apply for an artist's grant
We're inviting artists to apply for a grant to exhibit or perform their work in galleries, shop fronts, venues and on the streets of central Footscray as part of this exciting program. This is an opportunity to be creative and experimental. Live music, roving entertainment and shop-front window art activations are just a few - all forms of art are encouraged. Check out the 2017 One Night In Footscray program for inspiration.
We'll provide small grants for artists and performers, including artist fees and materials. Successful artists will be chosen by a selection panel and notified in June.
- Application deadline: Monday 21 May 2018
- Notification of small grant outcomes: June 2018
- One Night in Footscray: Friday 23 November, from 5pm till late