To support learning, teaching and research and VU’s focus on planetary health and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), VU Library published the Library Guide SDGs and the VU Library.
The guide illustrates how VU Library is working towards its services strategy to "make a difference to the health of the planet by contributing initiatives to the whole-of-university commitment to place-based Planetary Health".
VU Library provides resources to facilitate learning and teaching across the broad range of VU courses in planetary and community health, and sustainability and to support research about the health and wellbeing of people, place and planet.
Resources for the goals
In the Library Guide SDGs and the VU Library, you will find:
- books on SDGs, climate change and quality education
- databases for access to articles about planetary health, Earth and environmental sciences and health sciences
- journals about education for sustainable development, global health promotion, global social policy, sustainability in education and sustainability science
- open access resources such as a list of links to open access articles available via Planetary Health Alliance
- references such as The SAGE Encyclopedia of World Poverty
- SDG Book in series
- Sustainable Development Goals online – searchable online library of thousands of articles, book chapters, presentations, videos and lesson plans for the 17 SDGs
- videos on Clickview and Kanopy about climate change and sustainable development
- web publications such as UN (United Nations) SDGs publications, Sustainability in Sport.
The provision of resources for Quality Education (SDG 4) is an example of VU Library’s contribution to the attainment of the SDGs.
As a member of the Council of Australian University Librarians (CAUL), the peak leadership organisation for university libraries in Australia, VU Library is committed to CAUL’s shared purpose: To transform how people experience knowledge – how it can be discovered, used and shared.
As a CAUL member, VU Library facilitates the attainment of the 17 SDGs as outlined in this VU Library document.