Very useful information sessions for international students
International students who are new to VU - join one or more of these free interactive sessions.
Meet other students and staff and make the most of the information available. Places are limited so you must register online for the sessions that interest you. These sessions are for international students only.
These free sessions are designed to help you:
- meet other students
- look for a job
- learn about Australian life and culture
- stay healthy, learn about seeing a doctor in Australia, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and health services at VU
- be successful
- have a great experience at VU and in Melbourne.
These sessions take place on 15 February and 1 March at City Flinders Campus and 22 February at Footscray Park Campus.
Register online for the sessions that interest you.
10am: Adjusting to a new culture
This workshop explores challenges that international students face and provides information about Australian culture and lifestyle. Learn how to improve your cross-cultural communication skills, make friends, manage your time and improve your confidence when interacting with others.
A great opportunity to meet and talk with other students. Lunch is provided for students who attend the sessions immediately before or after lunch.
1pm: Happy and healthy! (and what to do if you get sick)
Find the answers to these and any other questions you have:
- When I’m sick at home I go to the hospital, but I heard I shouldn’t do that in Australia. Is that true? Where can I go?
- Do I have to pay when I go to the doctor? How much? How can I find a doctor where I don’t have to pay?
- I’m feeling unwell, but I’m not sure if I need to go to the doctor. Is there someone at the university I can talk to?
You'll also get tips on healthy eating, exercise and general wellbeing. Learn how to access health advice when you need it. Find out what to do in an emergency. Staying healthy helps you stay happy!
2pm: How to look for a part-time job in Australia
Finding a job in Australia takes more than good luck!
Job application processes and resumés change from country to country. Find out about job seeking in Australia including resumé styles, what to include in (and leave out of) Australian job applications, information about work rights and working conditions, the free services provided by VU Learning Hub.
Learn what you can do now that will be helpful for your future career job search and finding a part time job now.
Register for the sessions that interest you. Registration link coming soon. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.