The Sir Zelman Cowen Centre is pleased to present its inaugural Masterclass for investigators in Victorian regulatory agencies.
Developed in consultation with both regulatory agencies and the prosecuting bodies they brief, the day combines seminars delivered by leading experts with practical and interactive activities.
- Interviewing techniques
- Gathering evidence
- Compiling and analysing briefs
- Disclosure obligations
- Best practice approaches to eBriefs
- Working with victims.
Our presenters and facilitators are senior practitioners in regulatory agencies, the Office of Public Prosecutions, the Crown Prosecutors’ Chambers and Victoria Police. They include:
- John Cain: Solicitor for Public Prosecutions (Victoria), former Victorian Government Solicitor, and former CEO of the Law Institute of Victoria.
- Luisa Di Pietrantonio: Principal Advocate, Legal and Prosecutions Specialist Branch, Victoria Police.
- Brendan Kissane QC: Victoria’s Chief Crown Prosecutor, with over 30 years’ experience as a barrister.
- Chris O’Connor APM: Retired Detective Senior Sergeant of the Victoria Police Force, former Crime Command Interview Adviser and Trainer.
This event is designed for investigators who conduct regulatory investigations and compile briefs for prosecution under Victorian Law.
Cost: $180 per head (incl GST)
For further information and registration details, contact Alex Winn at [email protected].