Are you up for a challenge? Ready to be inspired to lead a healthier, happier life?
As part of VU's Thrive: Active Living program, we have an exciting opportunity for employees to be part of the 50-day Moving Mindz activity challenge, which kicks off on October 15. This is our way of showing you that we care about your health and wellbeing.
How it works
- Participants form teams of 5 and register by clicking on the image or the link above. No team? No worries! Register as an individual and we’ll hook you up with a team.
- Track your daily steps on either your own wearable device or the Moving Mindz App, which will be available for download from Monday October 7.
- Enter your steps into the Moving Mindz website; Fitbits, Garmins, and the Moving Mindz App itself can be directly synced to take the hassle out of manual entry.
- Don’t feel like walking or running? Move your own way as credit is available for loads of other activities including swimming, cycling, weights, yoga, boxing, zumba, tai-chi, pilates, and more!
- Total steps are converted to kilometres and being more active means teams’ progress further on the leaderboard. As part of the fun, participants can also see how far they’ve progressed between cities throughout the challenge. The more active you are, the more cities you’ll “unlock”
Other fun elements
There will be additional contests and mini-challenges throughout the 50-day challenge, plus plenty of cool prizes up for grabs.
Why Moving Mindz?
The Moving Mindz program is unique in that it conducts research in partnership with leading academics. We’ve demonstrated the link between physical activity and mental health improvements, as well as cardiovascular health, diabetes risk, sleep, general wellbeing, and more. This has led to the publication of two medical papers in the fields of mental and cardiovascular health. Given the proven benefits, we urge you to register and reap the benefits of a healthier lifestyle.
Surveys & research
As part of the program, you’ll be asked to fill in pre and post event surveys. We’ll use this information to 1) report on the benefits of participation to your organisation, 2) provide health scores to participants, and 3) potentially to conduct research. This allows Moving Mindz to make an evidence-based contribution to the health and wellbeing space and is a fundamental part of the program. Any information used will be strictly de-identified and follow all privacy protocols. Further details, including an opt-out process for the research component, will be available to you.
Register your team
The registration fee is $36 per person for VU staff and students.