Library workshop: Data Management Essentials
Learn how to set up a data management plan at a free workshop for VU researchers and research students.
Having a data management plan to organise, store, secure and share your research data can be beneficial.
A data management plan can help you save time and avoid data loss by using secure storage systems such as the R: Drive (research data storage), accessible to VU researchers and research students.
A plan also allows you to consider the options available to promote and share your research data and to comply with requirements from funding bodies such as the Australian Research Council (ARC) and the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC).
In the workshop Data Management Essentials: for all stages of a research project, you will find out:
- why it is important to manage data effectively – see research data management
- how to set up a data management plan: Plan, Store, Collect, Analyse, Discover
- how to share data such as archiving data in VU Research Repository and using Research Data Australia (RDA) service
- how to find the data of other researchers
- how to cite data – you may be able to use Endnote (for next Endnote session, see Researcher Development) to help you cite data; and if you want other researchers to cite your data, you need to get a Digital Object Identifier (DOI).
300 Flinders Street
City Flinders Library