Drop in online and chat to a librarian to assist you with finding resources for your assignment or information on how to reference, and to develop skills beyond the basics.
Online drop-ins are open to all VU students (TAFE, undergraduate and postgraduate) from each discipline area. Sessions are free and appointments are not required.
Research & referencing drop-ins online
Access the online drop-in sessions in the new space called ‘Library Links and Support’ within VU Collaborate:
Drop-in times for summer studies
Monday to Friday, 11am–12pm (noon), from Monday 19 February to Friday 15 March 2024.
Note that these online sessions are for VU students only.
Beyond the basics drop-ins
Talk with librarians online via Zoom about the range of resources available in your field of study from First Year to PhD. Email the librarian to book an appointment and please state your preferred time/day. You will receive a confirmation of your appointment and a link to the Zoom meeting.
Arts & education
Learn how to:
- plan research
- select specialist databases
- locate sources for any assessment topic
- reference using APA7.
Business, IT & VU English
Engineering & science
Get a head start with:
- library research and locating resources for your assessment tasks
- planning effective search strategies
- database searching
- accessing articles and Australian Standards
- referencing and EndNote reference management tool.
Health & sport
Get tips on how to:
- locate sources for your assessment tasks
- plan effective search strategies
- evaluate information
- manage your references.
Law & criminology
Learn how to:
- plan legal research
- use specialist legal databases to locate case law, legislation, and secondary sources
- identify sources and authorities relevant to any legal issue
- reference using AGLC4.