Drop in online and chat to a librarian to assist you with finding resources for your assignment or information on how to reference, and to develop skills beyond the basics.
Online drop-ins are open to all VU students (TAFE, undergraduate and postgraduate) from each discipline area. Sessions are free and appointments are not required.
Research & referencing drop-ins
Sessions are offered online. Connect via Zoom through the VU Collaborate Learning Hub, Zoom Classroom section.
For help, see how to:
- Monday 27 June to Friday 29 July 2022: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 11am–12pm (noon).
Note that these online sessions are for VU students only.
Beyond the basics drop-ins
Talk with librarians online via Zoom about the range of resources available in your field of study from First Year to PhD. Email the librarian to book an appointment and please state your preferred time/day. You will receive a confirmation of your appointment and a link to the Zoom meeting.
Law & criminology
Get tips on how to search for resources more effectively and reference them correctly: case law, legislation, journals, books and more.
Health & biomedicine
Get tips on how to:
- locate sources for your assessment tasks
- plan effective strategies search
- evaluate information
- manage your references.
Engineering, Science & IT
Get a head start with:
- library research and locating resources for your assessment tasks
- planning effective search strategies
- database searching
- accessing articles and Australian Standards
- referencing and EndNote reference management tool.
Email engineering, science & IT librarian [email protected] for Zoom meetings, Monday-Thursday, by appointment.