Join us to celebrate the many and varied cultures of Victoria University, during Cultural Diversity Week 2020!
Cultural Diversity Week will kick off on the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (21 March).
This year, VU has joined the All One Together campaign with the Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria to tackle racism and is marking this week with a series of events and initiatives.
Cultural Diversity Fika
Staff and students are encouraged to share their culture with peers, friends and colleagues by holding a multicultural Fika (morning tea) where everyone brings a dish that represents their culture.
Student Life Cultural Diversity Fest/Clubs Fest
24 March, 10.30am–1pm, City Flinders Campus
25 March, 10.30am–1pm, St Albans Campus
26 March, 10.30am–1.30pm, Footscray Park Campus
Join us for:
- Clubs stalls by Student Life
- Games stalls including Bocce by VU Sport
- Cultural Cook-Off
- Quiz Show: Who Do You Think You Are?
- VUSU Chill Zone.
VUSU Women's Room Multicultural Breakfast
26 March, 8.30–10.30am
Students and staff are invited to a free multicultural breakfast. Have a chat with other women from all over the world while trying new cuisines and learning about different cultures.
Registration is essential for catering purposes.
Tasting Diversity – Footscray Food Tour with Footscray University Town
27 March, 3.30–4.30pm
Discover the art of drinking bubble tea, enjoy a tasting plate of dumplings and end with something sweet.
You will also see some important cultural landmarks of Footscray, including the Saigon Welcome Arch and Maddern Square.
Your Country in Books exhibit
Celebrate student diversity at VU by coming along to this exhibition at VU campus libraries. Each book on display has a connection with a home country of VU students.
Go on a book quest – recognise countries by their flag and scan the QR code to find out more about that country!
- 21 March: Celebrating Together Harmony Day in Albion
- 21 March: One Love Dance Vision in St Albans
- 22 March: Space2B Laneway Festival in St Kilda
- 23 March: Brimbank Multicultural Community Choir in St Albans
- 28 March: Brimbank Multicultural Community Festival in St Albans
- 29 March: Victoria's Multicultural Festival at Queen Victoria Market
- 29 March: Multicultural Day of Unity at Deer Park