Being online all the time for work, study, socialising, shopping and more is convenient but it does create some risks too. Actions and interactions can leave behind a digital footprint, allowing other people to gather information about you.
Understand the risks and how to stay safer online and be an ethical digital citizen.
Join the online workshop Digital Citizenship to understand how digital capabilities impact on many aspects of your study, work and personal life. You will consider:
- what digital citizenship means to you
- concepts of digital safety and why it is important to be an ethical digital citizen
- how you interact with digital spaces and your current digital footprint.
Digital Citizenship is part of the Study Essentials workshops designed for first year students to build foundational skills needed to excel in their studies.
The workshop is scheduled on:
- Wednesday 31 March, 9am-10am
- Monday 12 April, 2pm-3pm
- Tuesday 11 May, 10am-11am
- Thursday 20 May, 3pm-4pm
- Tuesday 8 June, 1.30pm-2.30pm
- Wednesday 16 June, 11am-12pm.
Booking & attending
Book the Digital Citizenship workshop via:
- Learning Hub online (log in, click workshops, search 'Digital Citizenship’ and select 'Digital Citizenship Level 1')
- VU App on your mobile (find and book sessions in MyVU).
Attend the online workshop in VU Collaborate via Zoom Classroom in the Learning Hub.