2018: Get VU ready!
Come along to our free sessions, from 19 to 23 February, to learn how to make the most of your time with VU.
Our one- and two-hour workshops at four different campuses will have you well prepared to start at Victoria University in 2018. We cover VU's IT Systems, study skills, and goal-setting.
You can attend as many sessions as you like, either consecutively or in separate parts, whenever and wherever is convenient for you!
You'll need to register to attend (see below).
VU Ready 1: VU's IT environment
This one-hour hands-on introduction to VU's IT environment will guide you through each VU system, including:
- MyVU digital hub
- login and password setting
- commonly used forms
- student email
- VU Collaborate – the student management system/blackboard
- VU website, including the library website and search functionality.
VU Ready 2: Academic & study skills
An introduction to university life focusing on academic and study skills. At this workshop you'll familiarise yourself with the university and learn:
- what is expected of you
- how lectures and tutorials work
- what's in your unit guide
- how to make the most of your assignments and feedback
VU Ready 3: Be the best you can be
Self-management & psychological preparedness
Starting university can be exciting, daunting or even overwhelming. VU Ready 3 will help get you better prepared for what lies ahead.
This interactive workshop will look at:
- setting goals and achieving your goals
- strategies to manage your time
- gaining self-confidence
- helpful ways to manage any stress you may encounter
- getting you prepared to start university with a bang!
Select the date and campus, and use the links in the table below to register.
Room numbers and other details can be found on the registration page.
VU Ready 1
VU Ready 2
VU Ready 3
|City Flinders||21 Feb|
|Queen Street||22 Feb|
St Albans campus: McKechnie St, St Albans
City Flinders campus: 300 Flinders Street, Melbourne
Queen Street campus: 256, 283, 295 & 300 Queen Street, Melbourne