International students (including New Zealand citizens) are able to apply for an iUSEpass. The iUSEpass is a Public transport travel discount scheme for international students.
The pass allows you to purchase a 365 day myki card at a 50% discount off the full fare rate.
A Zone 1 + 2 yearly iUSEpass costs $760.50 instead of the full fare annual myki pass cost of $1521.00.
The pass can be used on all Public Transport Victoria (PTV) trains, trams and buses in the myki zone/s in which your education institution is located.
Before you apply for a iUSEpass myki ticket, estimate much you will need to spend on travel and decide whether to purchase a yearly ticket.
Purchasing a yearly (365 day) iUSEpass will only be worthwhile if you plan to travel regularly in zones one and two for a full year. To find out more about public transport fares visit the PTV website's International students page.
Eligibility for the iUSEpass
To be eligible for this pass, you must:
- be an international student (or a New Zealand citizen) enrolled in a full-time load (48 credit points per semester)
- be enrolled at VU and studying a bachelor (including honours), diploma, advanced diploma or associate degree
- have over 12 months’ (or two semesters) of full time study left to complete your course
- have a valid VU student card
- have an active VU student email account.
If you are enrolled in postgraduate, VE/TAFE certificate or ELICOS study, or you are studying in Australia as part of a student exchange or study abroad program you will not be eligible for an iUSEpass.
Apply for an iUSEpass
To obtain an iUSEpass, you will need to:
- enrol in a full time load in semesters 1 and 2
- activate your VU student email account
- obtain your student card
- apply for an iUSEpass registration code (with VU) online
- use the unique code provided by VU to purchase your iUSEpass online from Public Transport Victoria (you will need to have your registration code).