VU’s Tax Clinic offers general services including advice, representation and advocacy to unrepresented tax payers.
Services are free and provided by VU students under supervision of tax practitioners.
Supervised and free services provided by VU’s TAFE and higher education students include:
- Tax lodgement, debt, review and appeal rights, and general tax law to better understand the tax system
- Assisting you to apply for a TFN (Tax File Number)
- Completing (NAT 3093) Tax File Number Declaration forms
- Understanding when and how to complete a Statement by a Supplier when not quoting an ABN (Australian Business Number)
- Assisting in the set up of Client myGov portals including linking to government services such as Centrelink, ATO (Australian Tax Office) and Medicare
- Negotiating payment plans and sitting with tax and other government debts
- Assisting you in understanding PAYG (Pay As You Go) withholding and instalments
- Assistance in checking the accuracy of payslips including superannuation and PAYG withholding amounts
- ABN/GST registration if you're a small business client
- Business name registration
- Assistance with Centrelink payment applications and communication.
Location & Times
370 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne
Footscray Nicholson Campus
Room N115, Building N
Corner of Nicholson and Buckley Streets, Footscray
Our student practitioners
Our TAFE students and higher education students who will assist you under supervision are studying in these courses:
The experience they gain in the Tax Clinic provides them with the opportunity to engage in case work directly relevant to their chosen career in accounting under the supervision of tax practitioners.