Our student remedial massage clinics provide an exceptional opportunity for the public to receive remedial massage services at a fraction of industry costs. Our student clinics prioritise student development and on-the-job learning, making it an excellent learning environment for students.
We welcome all members of the public to experience our clinics.
Our student-run massage services are offered within our learning environments. Students’ direct observations, assessments and supervision take place during treatment.
During your visit, you will have the opportunity to support the student's learning experience by complying with assessment processes conducted by the student therapist within your one-hour booking time.
Note: clinic locations, availability and services are subject to change each term.
- Treatment: All students perform physical assessments during your consultation and apply various techniques throughout their studies, including Swedish techniques, myofascial tension techniques, trigger points, muscle energy techniques/PNF, myofascial cupping and advanced taping (dependent on student skill set).
- Duration: 1-hour sessions include the systematic physical assessment (up to 15 minutes).
- Cost: $25 (or $20 for the concession card holder, student, or Victoria University staff member – please show a valid ID at the time of payment).
- Payments: Card only.
Level 20 (Room T2005)
VU City Tower, City Campus
370 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne CBD
Victoria University Remedial Massage Clinic
Level 2, Victoria University Whitten Oval
417 Barkly Street, West Footscray
Enter via the main Whitten Oval/Barkers Café entrance.
Call us on +61 3 9919 6310 for urgent messages only. We can't make bookings over the phone.
Behaviour of clients, carers & members of the public
Clients, their carers, and members of the public interacting with Clinics are expected to behave appropriately. In particular:
- Aggressive or abusive speech or behaviour towards staff, students, other clients, or carers will not be tolerated. People who exhibit these behaviours will be required to leave the Clinic immediately.
- Generally offensive or objectionable behaviour will lead to a request for the behaviour to cease. If this request should be disregarded, the individual will be asked to leave the clinic.
All VU clinics reserve the right to refuse further treatment to any individual who has previously exhibited aggressive or abusive behaviours towards staff, students, other clients, carers, or members of the public.
(extracted from )