This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to develop a general awareness of the plumbing industry and work as part of a team.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
This unit does not meet the requirements for a registered plumber.
Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit’s learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
• Communication skills to:
-listen and question when obtaining plumbing industry information
-convey ideas and information such as learning needs
-report barriers and problems
• Literacy skills to read and interpret registration and licensing documents, legislative and regulatory requirements
• Numeracy skills to locate information in plumbing legislation
• Problem solving skills to report team issues to the appropriate person
• Technology skills to locate key stakeholders information from the internet.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
• Types of regulatory information accessible and relevant to plumbers
• Team dynamics
• Registration and licensing requirements for plumbers.
• Plumbing industry stakeholders
The qualified trainer and assessor will provide teaching and learning materials as required in the form of workbooks produced by Victoria University Polytechnic and/or via the VU Polytechnic e-learning system.
This unit is studied as part of the following course(s):