This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to install stormwater and sub-soil drainage systems to an approved point of discharge.It includes the operation of pumps to temporarily or permanently drain a work site of unscreened roof water, sub-soil water and surface water.
Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce & extend knowledge and skill competence within set & controlled parameters in accordance with each unit’s learning outcomes & performance criteria requirements, incl the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
* installing a stormwater and a sub-soil drainage system, including:
* connecting stormwater from two downpipes to an approved point of discharge with a minimum length of 5 metres
* connecting sub-soil drainage to a stormwater pit with a minimum length of 5 metres
* draining a work site, including:
* using a submersible pump to drain water with a depth of at least 500 mm from a pit, trench or excavation to an approved point of discharge.
The qualified trainer and assessor will advise students of class notes, reading materials produced by VU Polytechnic and further support via VU Polytechnic e-learning system and/or in person.
This unit is studied as part of the following course(s):