This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to advise clients on a range of professional beauty products and services.
It requires the ability to investigate products and services, interpret information, identify client beauty needs and explain available beauty products and services.
Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce & extend knowledge and skill competence within set & controlled parameters in accordance with each unit’s learning outcomes & performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
• access and present to a client information on a comprehensive professional range from at least one of the product ranges sold in the salon
• present to a client information explaining a new product or service:
• features and benefits
• typical clients that will benefit
• advise on and sell five products and services to clients with differing product and service requirements involving:
• identifying client needs and constraints
• selection of suitable products or treatments
• presentation of features and benefits
• demonstration of products
• responses to client questions.
The qualified trainer and assessor will provide teaching and learning materials as required in the form of workbooks produced by VU Polytechnic and/or via the VU Polytechnic e-learning system.
This unit is studied as part of the following course(s):