Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills: (REQUIRED SKILLS:)
- problem solving skills to identify and select appropriate communication strategies for different audiences and different situations
- self management skills to identify and seek out sources of support for own communication needs
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge: (KNOWLEDGE:)
- methods for giving and receiving verbal and non verbal messages
- elements of communication, such as social distance, body language, eye contact and voice monitoring
- strategies to interact with others such as acknowledgements and turn taking