Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- participate in the planning process to develop a learning plan;
- discuss aspects of the learning plan such as purpose and relationship to goals to support development of the plan;
- source analyse and critically evaluate a range of information about potential options;
- develop and document a learning plan according to identified processes;
- gather and synthesise information to support development of the plan;
- draw on previous experiences to inform development of the plan;
- identify, select and evaluate evidence for the portfolio;
- critically compare own skills to learning goals and compare options to identify achievable steps;
- evaluate own skills and knowledge to match to appropriate options, and;
- monitor and adjust own progress against documented learning plan.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- benefits of documenting learning, monitoring and reviewing learning goals, and;
- potential barriers to learning and strategies to manage them.