Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- access and interpret information about employment rights and responsibilities from these sources: employer associations; Fair Work Commission; Fair Work Ombudsman;
state and territory government boards and commissions for anti-discrimination and equal employment opportunity (EEO); staff handbooks, and; trade unions;
- source information on this range of employee and employer workplace rights and responsibilities;
- access and interpret organisational policies and procedures that relate to general work practices, and;
- integrate hairdressing or beauty technical skills (SHB service or treatment-related units), and comply with organisation requirements for a minimum of four, three hour work assessment periods that individually or in combination demonstrate: applying workplace dress, hygiene and personal presentation requirements; working effectively as a team member; planning and organising work activities.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- sources of information on employment rights and responsibilities as specified in Performance Evidence;
- basic aspects of employment related laws covering rights and responsibilities of employees and employers as specified in the Performance Evidence;
- basic aspects of industrial awards for hairdressing and beauty employees relevant to own job role;
- primary functions of trade unions for hairdressing and beauty employees relevant to own job role;
- organisational policies and procedures that relate to general work practices as specified in the Performance Evidence;
- typical terms and conditions of employment for hairdressing and beauty businesses relevant to own job role, and;
- general role boundaries and responsibilities for key hairdressing and beauty industry staff: beauticians; nail technicians; make-up artists; hairdressers; beauty and spa therapists, and; supervisors and managers within hairdressing and beauty businesses.