On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Critically review the temporary works, particularly scaffolding, formwork and falsework and plant selection processes used for complex or high-rise construction;
- Justify the use of foundations systems, major excavation, stabilisation and dewatering techniques in the construction of basement levels of tall buildings;
- Diagnose and plan the rectification of common building faults and verify the regulatory inspections made when constructing a complex or high-rise building project;
- Assess and report on the issues encountered by complex or high-rise buildings including funding, ownership, design, construction and social and environmental issues; and
- Advocate the development and implementation of innovative high-rise building practices.