Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- negotiation and liaison across a range of internal and external customers;
- contingency management;
- contract interpretation;
- project management;
- conflict resolution;
- client interaction, and;
- financial and time management.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice and policies applicable to the industry and the council, including those relating to environmental/sustainable practice and OHS;
- relevant systems and procedures to aid in the achievement of sustainable practice;
- contract procedures;
- contract law;
- knowledge of the contract service;
- performance standards and analysis;
- complaint procedures, and;
- costing processes.