Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- connect to and access the internet;
- send and receive emails;
- secure internet access and email communications;
- use search tools to locate information;
- use different internet search techniques;
- research and select appropriate website;
- undertake online transactions, and;
- assess the accuracy, currency, authority and reliability of the site and information located.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- list basic technical terminology related to reading help files and prompts;
- describe the basics of copyright and privacy statements;
- explain different types of messages that occur, including error messages and messages to install plug-ins;
- list different types of search engines and web browsers;
- list procedures for using email applications;
- list procedures for evaluating and assessing the authority, reliability and authenticity of information;
- outline internet search functions;
- describe internet speed and traffic loads related to times of accessing the internet;
- describe the makeup and structure of internet addresses;
- list organisational guidelines on internet and email use (web etiquette or netiquette);
- describe business process related to online transactions;
- describe web browser update techniques, and;
- explain what key words and bookmarks are used for.