Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- established and managed client relationships and boundaries appropriately during the provision of services to 3 clients, and;
- developed responses to 3 different situations involving difficult or challenging behaviour.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- legal and ethical considerations for establishing and managing client relationships and how these are applied;
- modes and techniques for effective communication;
- role of motivational interviewing during client interactions;
- techniques for motivational interviewing;
- barriers and influences on communication and ways to respond;
- techniques for dealing with difficult communication situations, and;
- types of information that may be provided to clients as relevant.