Entrepreneur and ‘VU Business legend’, CEO of BDC Market Intelligence Halinka Panzera proudly gives back to the VU community, for which she credits so much of her career success.
"I am the founder of two businesses – both built on a social enterprise model, as I believe business should connect with and support local communities. I love helping clients create award-winning global brand strategies.
I credit my success to VU and its MBA program for providing plenty of grit in an environment that fosters diversity in ideas and creativity. I know how difficult it is to get a foot in the door, so I live by the motto of ‘opening doors for others’.
I’ve mentored over 100 VU students since 2001 and accept up to six students in my internship program every year. My second in charge is a VU alumnus, with two other staff at BDC, both VU PhD students."
Halinka’s list of accolades include:
- finalist for the Distinguished Alumni award, 2012 and 2015
- featuring in CEO Magazine when the VU MBA program was ranked sixth globally, 2014
- presenting her findings on diversity to the VU Diversity Council, 2012
- serving on the VU Alumni Advisory Group and part of the Dean’s business network
- supporting the University by presenting at numerous VU business breakfasts
- representing VU in Hong Kong and China at the Australian Universities International Alumni Convention, 2004.