Choose Melbourne for your semester abroad - a vibrant, multicultural city of over 5 million people and more than 140 languages spoken.
Melbourne is consistently voted as one of the world's most liveable cities. It has an excellent public transport system and a wide range of cultural and sporting events all year round. A short drive away are gorgeous beaches, forests and mountain ranges.
Why study in Melbourne?
Melbourne is one of the world’s most liveable cities and is a great place for students.
Melbourne has been ranked:
- world’s most liveable city seven years in a row, Economist Intelligence Unit Global Liveability Ranking 2011-2017
- the best student city in Australia and the sixth-best student city in the world (QS Best Student Cities 2022).
- top 3 best student cities, QS Best Student Cities 2018
- 1 of 28 UNESCO Cities of Literature
- sporting capital of the world, SportBusiness Ultimate Sport City of the Decade 2016
- in the world’s safest country for women, 2018 and 2019 Global Wealth Migration Review.
Some of the amazing things that happen in Melbourne, that have helped the city earn its praise, are:
- Melbourne Food and Wine Festival
- Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival
- Melbourne Fashion Week
- Melbourne Fringe Festival.