Choose Melbourne for your semester abroad - a vibrant, multicultural city of over 4 million people and more than 140 languages spoken.
Melbourne is consistently voted as one of the world's most liveable cities. It has an excellent public transport system and a wide range of cultural and sporting events all year round. A short drive away are gorgeous beaches, forests and mountain ranges.
Victoria University (VU) is ranked in the world’s top 2% of universities worldwide (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018, 2019 and 2020).
Our 2020 study abroad and exchange guide has everything you need to know about our study abroad and exchange programs.
During international orientation week, we hold a special session to give you information on your program to maximise your enjoyment at Victoria University.
If you have any questions, please make a study abroad and exchange enquiry.
Why study in Melbourne?
Melbourne is one of the world’s most liveable cities and is a great place for students.
Melbourne has been ranked:
- world’s most liveable city seven years in a row, Economist Intelligence Unit Global Liveability Ranking 2011-2017
- top 3 best student cities, QS Best Student Cities 2018
- 1 of 28 UNESCO Cities of Literature
- sporting capital of the world, SportBusiness Ultimate Sport City of the Decade 2016
- in the world’s safest country for women, 2018 Global Wealth Migration Review.
Some of the amazing things that happen in Melbourne, that have helped the city earn its praise, are:
- Melbourne Food and Wine Festival
- Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival
- Melbourne Fashion Week
- Melbourne Fringe Festival.
Why study at VU?
Top 2% of universities worldwide, Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017–2020
First Australian university to teach one subject at a time, with an average class size of 32 students
45th world’s top young universities, Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019