These terms & conditions apply to all Victoria University Polytechnic short courses.
Short courses are stated in Australian dollars and are operated on an individual-funded or organisation-funded basis. They are not government subsidised (unless specified otherwise) and do not attract a GST component.
- For individuals, payment must be made prior to the scheduled class, unless an agreement has been organised with Victoria University Polytechnic.
- For organisations, an invoice will be issued after Victoria University Polytechnic has received either
- A purchase order from your organisation; or
- A letter of authority from your organisation.
- All invoices must be paid in full within 7 days of the invoice date and prior to the course commencement date.
- Any promotional codes may only be redeemed once per person during the promotional period.
Transfers of course
- No transfers will be approved once you have commenced your Short Course.
- You may request to transfer to another available Short Course (Transferred Short Course) at least 5 days prior to the commencement date of your Short Course.
- You will not incur any additional costs provided there is no difference in the Short Course fee. If there is a difference in the cost you must pay that amount immediately.
- Where the Transferred Short Course is cheaper than the original Short Course, Victoria University Polytechnic will provide you with a refund of the difference between the course fees.
- If you are unable to attend the Short Course or Transferred Short Course, another person may attend, at no extra fee, in your place provided you inform us in writing at least 5 days before the course commencement date that:
- you are unable to attend
- you provide us with the name and contact details of the person who will attend the course in your place and
- you provide us with that person’s written agreement to accept all terms and conditions of attending the course.
- Should you wish to cancel your Short Course training, you must make a request at least 5 days prior to the course commencement date and a refund will be granted.
- No refunds or transfers will be made after the course commencement date.
- Victoria University Polytechnic holds the authority to cancel any courses which have insufficient numbers due to circumstances beyond reasonable control. In this case a refund, or alternative class date or course will be offered to you.
- Where a class falls on a public holiday, Victoria University Polytechnic holds the authority to reschedule the class at a later date.
- Any student who has an outstanding University debt will not be eligible to undertake the desired course. If you believe you have an outstanding debt please contact our friendly Student Advisors on +61 3 9919 6100.
- The Student Information Privacy Collection Statement (PDF) provides details about the types of student information we collect and how it is managed. Students should read this Statement prior to completing any forms.
- If you have any questions regarding privacy, please check our frequently asked questions at AskVU or phone us on +61 3 9919 6100 or 1300 VIC UNI (or 1300 842 864).
- You may also contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com for any privacy related query or concern.
- In the event of a personal emergency, sudden illness or accident you authorise Victoria University Polytechnic to seek medical, hospital or ambulance services on your behalf and at your expense where Victoria University Polytechnic (at their absolute discretion) consider it to be necessary or appropriate to do so. You agree that you will be solely responsible for any expenses associated with the provision of such services.