- Global rankings:
- top 2% of universities worldwide (Times Higher Education, THE, World University Rankings 2018)
- 56 in the world’s top 200 universities under the age of 50 (THE Young University Rankings 2017).
- World-class courses:
- Tier 1 MBA (CEO Magazine, 2017)
- top 21 globally for sport science education (ShanghaiRanking: Academic Rankings of World Universities).
- 2nd in Australia for computer science (THE World University Rankings by Subject 2018)
- 3rd in Australia for engineering and technology (THE World University Rankings by Subject 2018).
- Flexible study options:
- One of the few universities in Australia to offer courses in both vocational education and training, and higher education.
- Study in India and you can graduate with both a VU masters degree and a postgraduate diploma from Ganpat University.
- Gain workplace learning so you will be job-ready from the day you graduate.
- Diverse student community:
- More than 100 years’ experience educating students
- 55+ years' experience teaching international students - 25 of them through international delivery partnerships in Asia
- Highly rated for cultural diversity by the Good Universities Guide
- Extensive network of more than 240,000 alumni, including more than 30,000 who live and work overseas.
Three of our Melbourne campuses are located in the central business district (CBD) and a further two are within 10 kilometres of the city centre. Our students can enjoy all that Melbourne offers.
Campuses feature the latest technology, state-of-the-art laboratories, a full range of sports and fitness facilities and plenty of space to relax and enjoy campus life.
India study centre
We a have a new international study centre, Victoria University India, located in Ahmedabad.
Through our collaboration with Ganpat University (GNU), you will graduate with:
- an internationally-recognised Australian masters degree from VU
- a globally accepted graduate diploma or masters degree (depending on your study program) from GNU.
Find out about our masters courses offered in India.
VU provides world-class research and training across a range of disciplines.
We support responsible, ethical and innovative research and actively pursue collaborations with other researchers and organisations.
- at least 60% of our research funding comes from industry sources
- 50% of our published research involves international collaborations
- 15 VU research disciplines rank at or above world standard in the Excellence in Research for Australia assessments.
Our research institutes and centres offer specialised consultancy, advice and tailored learning solutions to the community and industry.