By entering the I Plan a Business (IPAB) Competition (Promotion), you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Promoter is Victoria University (VU) (ABN: 83 776 954 731, CRICOS Provider No. 00124K) PO Box 14428, Melbourne, Victoria 8001.
- By entering into the Promotion you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entries for the Promotion open in May 2018 and close on Friday, 21 September 2018 at 5:00 pm AEST. (Promotion Period).
- Any entry that is not received by VU during the Promotion Period will be invalid.
- Entry is open to Australian Residents who are current Year 10 or 11 students in Victoria during the promotion period.
- Employees and immediate family members of VU, or other entities in any way involved in the Promotion, are not valid entrants in the Promotion.
- Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries, or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any other person's rights, including intellectual property rights, will not be eligible to win.
How to enter
- Follow the steps below:
- Choose whether you want to submit your business plan as an individual or group (maximum 4 per group);
- Select one of two categories to enter:
- Category 1: Business track; or
- Category 2: Social enterprise track.
- Create a suitable name for your planned business or social enterprise; and
- Submit your business plan online via vu.edu.au/ipab by 5pm Friday, 21 September 2018.
- You may enter in the Promotion once only, either individually or as a member of a group.
- VU is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- VU will determine a number finalists in each category, who will be notified by VU via email no later than Friday, 12 October 2018.
- VU will announce the winners at an event on Friday, 19 October 2018.
- Up to five winners will be announced, including up to:
- two winners for best innovation in a business plan the Business category – one group winner and one individual winner;
- one winner for best innovation in a business plan the Social Enterprise category;
- one winner for best use of multimedia; and
- one winner for an entrant who has already started to put their plan into action.
- The finalists and winners will be determined by VU in its sole discretion.
- The prize for each winning entry in the Business category and the Social Enterprise category will be a $500 gift card;
- The prize for an entry which is already being put into action will be a $1,000 gift card.
- The prize for best use of multimedia will be announced prior to the announcement of the finalists.
- In the case of a group, the winning group must nominate an individual to accept the prize on the group’s behalf. Only one prize will be awarded per group (if the prize is a gift card, the value of the gift card will not be split).
- Winners who do not attend the award event will be contacted by email. In the case of groups, the lead student nominated in the entry form will be contacted.
- In the event that your entry is a winning entry, you consent to the disclosure, publication and dissemination of your name and likeness for the purposes of the Promotion, and VU’s advertising and marketing purposes.
- Entrants’ names and a short description of their entry will be published on the Victoria University webpage, VU News, the Victoria University Facebook page, and in an email to competition entrants. Entrants’ names and a short description of the entry may also be published in local newspapers.
- By submitting an entry containing photography, video or other matter (Materials), you grant VU a royalty-free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for the purposes of the Promotion and for VU’s advertising and marketing purposes.
- All decisions of VU and staff in all matters relating to the Promotion will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
- VU reserves the right not to award any prizes.
- Entry in the Promotion does not create any legal relationship between the entrant and VU.