Effective and Efficient Situation Awareness in Big Social Media Data
Professor Yanchun Zhang
Stipend value in 2021
$29,000 per annum
Social media-based situation awareness provides another feasible channel for crisis management, since critical events that cause great loss in live are commonly identified in social media. This project aims to develop advanced techniques to analyse big social media data and more efficiently conduct critical situation awareness over online services. By enhancing the services and capabilities of crisis management users and reducing the loss in disasters, significant economic and social benefits will be brought to government, society, enterprises and social users.
Required disciplinary knowledge
- A first-class honours degree in Computer Science;
- A MS degree in Computer Science with a major thesis component;
- Ranked in the top 10% in your class at a reputable national university; or
- Ranked in the top 30% of your class at a Top 100 research university by world standard;
- Research background on social media analysis, recommender systems, database system or data mining areas.
Applications now open and closing 23 May 2021 midnight (AEST).
Applications are accepted for domestic applicants only; Phd or Masters.
Please ensure you have carefully read the Guide to Applicants prior to submission.
Apply through the online application system.