Stipend value in 2020
$28,200 per annum. After the first year, the candidate will also be eligible for a performance based attractive increment in the scholarship of total $25k distributed over the remaining 2.5 years of PhD.
Challenges facing the Victorian water corporations in maintaining safe and resilient water supplies, include population growth, aging infrastructure, customer expectations and climate change .
For this reason, the successful PhD applicant will work alongside academic and industry in developing an Intelligent Water Network Strategy & Action Plan. It will consist of water, sewer and recycled water network devices that provide intelligence, communication systems and digital metering that can ultimately enable cost-effective asset management investment decisions.
More specifically, algorithms will be developed to:
- identify water usage signatory information
- utilise Big Data management
- explore system operation in terms of water balance
- implement Information and Communications Technology (ICT) including remote sensing technologies.
Required disciplinary background
- Water engineering and Big Data management.
- Intelligent Water Network supported by sensors and smart meters.
- IP assignment
- Driver’s license
- Police check may be required before commencement.
Midnight, 28 February 2020 (AEDT)