Two Westpac Bicentennial Foundation Young Technologists scholarships are available for first-year technology undergraduates studying specific courses.
Scholarship applications are open to:
- school leavers and non-school leavers under the age of 26
- first-year students enrolled full-time in either:
- Bachelor of Screen Media
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Information Systems Management)
- a dual degree including one of the previous three courses.
- Australian citizens or those with permanent residence status
- students with appropriate academic ability and who demonstrate that the scholarship would make a significant difference to their capacity to continue their education and develop their career in the technology industry.
$5000 per year will be awarded for the duration of the degree, up to a maximum of five years.
Applicants will be assessed on their academic ability and how the scholarship will assist the them in their studies and career goals.
Apply for the scholarship
Applications for the Westpac Foundation Young Technologists Scholarship are open from 20 February until 4pm, 1 March 2018.
Please provide the following documentation in support of your application:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (maximum 2 pages)
- brief cover letter and personal statement (800-1000 words)
- contact details for one reference or written statement supporting your application.
Your personal statement should include the following:
- a statement about your reasons for your chosen course of study
- an explanation of the extent to which the scholarship will make a significant difference to your capacity to continue your education
- your study and career goals.
Applications close at 4pm, 1 March 2018.