Our Chancellor's Scholarships offer high-achieving students $5000 a year for the duration of their undergraduate degree, as well as access to a range of opportunities and benefits.
Features & benefits
The Chancellor's Scholars Program is designed to help you develop leadership skills, and become more adaptable, capable, confident and creative.
Along with other Chancellor’s Scholars you will receive:
- financial support
- a leadership program designed to enhance your ability to have a positive impact on local and global communities
- a personalised invitation to join the VU Academy
- priority entry to Talent Connect, career support and mentoring.
Luke Marinelli, 2015 Chancellor's Scholar
The scholarship is valued at $5000 each year for up to four years (maximum of $20,000).
The Chancellor's Scholars Program is offered in all undergraduate degrees.
To be eligible for the Chancellor's Scholars Program you must:
- be currently enrolled in Year 12
- meet the prerequisites for your course
- apply to study at VU
- be offered a place at VU and enrol full-time
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen
- achieve an ATAR of at least 90.00.
Students currently receiving the scholarship must maintain full-time enrolment, however:
- students in exceptional circumstances that prevent full-time enrolment can seek approval to enrol part time by writing to the Scholarship Selection Panel. If approved, students will receive half payment per year, up to the maximum of $15,000 or $20,000 from their original offer.
- students who take approved leave of absence from their studies will have the scholarship put on hold and the payment will recommence on their return to study.
- students must achieve an average WAM of 70+ each semester.
How to apply
Apply for a course through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC). Students who have listed VU on their course preference list and meet the eligibility criteria will be assessed by the University.
Chosen students will be advised in mid-December that they will receive a VU Chancellor's Scholarship – if they have applied for a course at VU and receive an offer to enrol.
We will make a formal offer of a VU Chancellor's Scholarship in January/February.