The Borzillo Family Scholarship provides financial support to high-achieving females from migrant backgrounds who are enrolled full time in an undergraduate honours course in the Engineering stream, in the College of Engineering & Science.
The Borzillo family have a long history with Victoria University (VU). Brothers, Robert and Danny, as well as cousin, Barry, all graduated from VU’s predecessor, Footscray Institute of Technology with degrees in engineering. They have since enjoyed successful careers and combined their expertise to establish a prosperous, family-run, international engineering firm in 2003.
Intrax Engineering is a multidisciplinary engineering company whose operations include geotechnical, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering as well as surveying and hydraulics.
With a combined experience of over 100 years in engineering, the Borzillos have firsthand experience of the challenges women face in the industry. They wish to use this scholarship to attract and retain the best and brightest female students to continue their studies in engineering.
Having come from a migrant background themselves, the Borzillos are keenly aware of the obstacles migrants face as they build their lives in a new country. This scholarship is their way to pay homage to their migrant heritage and provide others with the support to further their education.
- Financial support of $20,000 total for the final three years of study
- The opportunity to participate in Student Leadership activities at Victoria University
Scholarship applications are open to students who:
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- are female
- are from a migrant background
- are the highest achieving first year student who meets the scholarship criteria and are enrolled full time in an undergraduate honours course in the Engineering stream within the College of Engineering & Science
- are experiencing financial disadvantage
- complete and submit the scholarship application in full by the advertised closing date.
Applicants must demonstrate the following:
- explanation of their migrant background
- financial disadvantage or the difference that the scholarship will make to their capacity to continue their studies.
Applications will be considered by the Scholarships Office in collaboration with a representative of the Victoria University Foundation.
Apply for the scholarship
Applications closed at 5pm, Friday 2 February 2018.