Gain knowledge of nutrition, food science, and related science subjects to work on improving health locally or internationally.
International students can study at VU towards a degree or postgraduate qualification.
Prepare for an important and rewarding career in public health, community nutrition, food science or food service with a Bachelor of Human Nutrition from VU.
* fee per semester
Can't find your course?
Studying nutrition at VU
At Victoria University (VU), we want you to follow your passion and excel in the industry you've always dreamed of.
We're one of Australia's most industry-connected institutions, and are one of the top 2% of universities in the world.
You'll learn from leading industry professionals who combine theory with practice to prepare you for your career from day one.
My goal in returning to study was to be an example for my children and change the future for my family. VU was accepting, flexible, listened to me and had empathy for my needs. I was offered social and financial support and even counselling sessions.
Career options are diverse; depending on your specialisation, you might find work in:
- government programs
- humanitarian assistance
- international development work
- diet monitoring, in hospitals and aged care residences
- food service
- meal systems and staff management in institutional kitchens
- food-processing industries
- education and research institutes
- government food laboratories
- food wholesale and retail industries
- food safety and regulation bodies
- product marketing
- food quality assurance.