Equip yourself to tackle complex global health issues with a Master of Public Health (Global Nutrition and Active Living) at Victoria University.
Can't find your course?
Studying public health at VU
At Victoria University (VU), we want you to follow your passion and excel in the industry you've always dreamed of.
We're one of Australia's most industry-connected institutions, and are one of the top 2% of universities in the world.
You'll learn from leading industry professionals who combine theory with practice to prepare you for your career from day one.
With significant global changes in public health, there is a need for professionals with the high-level knowledge and skills to respond to these changes.
If you qualify with our Master of Public Health, you will be well-equipped for a diverse and rewarding career in Australia and internationally in areas such as:
- global health, nutrition, physical activity research and teaching
- community development work in health, nutrition and food security
- delivering health, food and nutrition programs in response to emergencies
- health policy development
- program planning, development and evaluation
- specific population focused health interventions (e.g. older adults, culturally and linguistically diverse communities, chronically diseased populations)
- inclusive physical activity programming
- physical activity and sedentary behaviour measurement.
Colleges & research institutes
Everything you learn at VU has direct links to the real world. Staff bring extensive industry experience working on global health issues in government, government agencies and non-profit organisations.
As part of your study you will have the opportunity to undertake a professional placement with one of our industry partners working in public health in the community. Through the course you'll encounter valuable networking opportunities by the time you graduate, increasing your employment prospects.