Victoria University’s Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Scheme supports outstanding Early Career Researchers seeking to commence an academic/research career. The Scheme provides appointments of 3 years duration (for 100% research appointments) or 4 years duration (for 75% research, 25% teaching appointments).
The objectives of the Victoria University’s Postdoctoral Research Fellowship program are to:
- Contribute to the growth of a vibrant and innovative research culture and capacity at Victoria University.
- Assist in strengthening the critical mass of researchers within the University's areas of research focus.
- Embed full-time research fellows within teams, leading to an increased high quality research output.
- Provide early career researchers with the opportunity to establish a strong research track record that will allow them to embark on successful research careers, while also allowing fellows to gain teaching experience.
- Develop a cohort of well-credentialed researchers suitable for on-going academic appointments at VU.
Areas of research
Up-to two Victoria University Postdoctoral Research Fellowships will be supported in 2016 at Academic Levels A or B.
The University is now calling for applicants to develop and undertake an innovative research project in one of the following programmatic areas of research:
- Advanced combustion modelling for fire applications
- Urban liveability and harms prevention: evidence-based health and wellbeing responses to public alcohol and drug misuse in Melbourne's west
- Big data analytics and innovative applications
- Physical activity and exercise interventions to improve factors related to quality of life
- The role of education in support for and rehabilitation of young people charged with criminal offences
- Beyond the emergency: addressing men’s mental health
- Maritime and landside logistics, transportation and global supply chain
- Membrane based water treatment, particularly in the areas of forward osmosis, ceramic membranes, membrane distillation, membrane fouling or high recovery reverse osmosis systems
- Health and innovation
- Widening participation in post-compulsory education and training
- Synthesising the CGE and DSGE approaches to economy-wide modelling: combining policy-relevant detail with forward-looking behaviour under uncertainty.
How to apply
The position description, application form and application guidelines are accessible via the VU Jobs bulletin. The application closing date is set to 15 April 2016.
For more information on the VU Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme, please contact:
Zana Stefanovski, Senior Officer, Research Funding
Phone: +61 3 9919 4710