The goal of this research is to enhance high performance in sport systems, policies and practices by advancing and translating our understanding of bio-physical and psycho-social processes and theories.
Research topics to enhance high performance in sport
Our research in sport research spans topics such as:
- clinical exercise science
- exercise performance
- GPS devices in sport
- medical physiology
- muscle and exercise metabolism
- sport in society
- sport leadership
- sport science
- women as leaders in sport.
This research focus area involves collaboration with many of our partnership organisations and institutions, including:
- Australian Football League
- Australian Institute of Sport
- Australian Paralympic Committee
- Australian Sports Commission
- Australian Sports Technologies Network
- International Tennis Federation
- Sport and Recreation Victoria
- Swimming Australia
- Tennis Australia
- Western Bulldogs Football Club.
Our research is supported by our newly formed Institute for Sport, Health & Active Living which offers specialised research, advice and consultancy in sport, exercise science, health and active living.