The goal of this research is to enhance high performance in sport systems, policies and practices by advancing and translating our understanding of bio-physical and psycho-social processes and theories.
Research topics to enhance high performance in sport
Our research in sport research spans topics such as:
- clinical exercise science
- exercise performance
- GPS devices in sport
- medical physiology
- muscle and exercise metabolism
- sport in society
- sport leadership
- sport science
- women as leaders in sport.
This research focus area involves collaboration with many of our partnership organisations and institutions, including:
- Australian Football League
- Australian Institute of Sport
- Australian Paralympic Committee
- Australian Sports Commission
- Australian Sports Technologies Network
- International Tennis Federation
- Sport and Recreation Victoria
- Swimming Australia
- Tennis Australia
- Western Bulldogs Football Club.
Our research is supported by our newly formed Institute for Sport, Health & Active Living which offers specialised research, advice and consultancy in sport, exercise science, health and active living.
We are keen to engage with local, national and international research organisations, industries, communities and governments to undertake research that has a substantial and mutually beneficial impact.
Contact us to find out how you can work with us.