- Osaana DonkorAvailable to supervise research students
Osaana Donkor has experience in food microbiology, food safety and preservation as well as probiotics and food chemistry, and fermentation biology for the production of yoghurt and dairy products. Osaana also has experience in using mammalian primary cell cultures as well as adherent and suspension cultures and is a consulting analytical chemist for institutions and manufacturing companies.
- Analytical chemistry
- Food research
- Food Microbiology
- Functional Foods
- Sever DragomirUnavailable to supervise research students
Sever is the Leader of Applied Mathematics Group in College of Engineering & Science and Honorary Prof in School of Computer Science & Applied Mathematics, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa. He is the Chair of the international Research Group in Mathematical Inequalities & Applications and Editor in Chief of the Australian Journal of Mathematical Analysis & Applications.
- Applied mathematics
- Numerical Analysis and Approximation Theory
- Theory of Inequalities
- Functional Analysis and Operator Theory
- Mathematical Analysis
- Pat DrakeSupervisor availability unknownAvailable for media queries
Professor Pat Drake is leading on STEM Education Strategic Initiatives for Victoria University. She also provides commentary and advice on mathematics teaching and learning in universities to meet the needs of primary and secondary schools. She also considers the educational experiences of women and girls.
- Doctoral Education
- Educational experiences of women and girls
- Insider research and participant methodologies
- Mathematics education
- Situated learning and learning at work
- STEM initiatives and creative activities
- Teacher education, particularly pre-service teacher education
- Mikel DukeSupervisor availability unknownAvailable for media queries
Professor Mikel Duke’s expertise is focused on the development and implementation of innovative membrane technologies for water, foods and energy applications. His specialisation is in the fundamental development of inorganic materials as well as in applications of membrane distillation, ceramic membranes and membrane assisted fermentation.
- Gas separation
- Membrane enhanced fermentation
- Membrane separations
- Novel inorganic and organic materials
- Process modelling
- Water treatment
- Efrat EilamAvailable to supervise research students
Dr Efrat Eilam lectures and teaches at the College of Arts & Education. Her research focuses on science education and sustainability education. In science education she studies informal science learning, particularly university-led STEM outreach. In sustainability education, Efrat is interested in climate change education and school-community partnerships.
- Science education
- Sustainability education