As part of Victoria University's end of year celebrations, Vice-Chancellor, Professor Elizabeth Harman has announced her 2008 VU Peak Awards for Excellence. The awards celebrate and recognise the outstanding contributions made by University staff.
Professor Harman said: "The significance of these awards is that they acknowledge the University's value of the pursuit of excellence in everything we do. They recognise staff from all areas of the University, both academic and general staff, who are making outstanding contributions on a day to day basis."
"We recognise what they have done, because they are what make Victoria University. We are proud of all of our staff and celebrate their achievements."
This year's peak award winners are:
- Outstanding Service to Victoria University 2008: Ms Kath Curry - Sunshine Campus
- Excellence in Research and Research Training (Research Supervision) 2008: Associate Professor Pietro Cerone - Footscray Park Campus
- Outstanding Engagement 2008: VET in Schools Team: Ms Rose Lewanski, Ms Meg McKeown, Ms Alison Wall, - Footscray Nicholson Campus
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning (Higher Education) 2008: Ms Megan Bowman - City Queen Campus
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning (TAFE) 2008: Mr Haydn Radford - Newport Campus
Photos of all winners are available
Media Contact: Ms Ann Marie Angebrandt, Marketing & Communications Department, Victoria University Ph: (03) 9919 5487; mobile: 0403 556 001