As a currently enrolled student, you can be sponsored (ie. have your course fees paid) by your employer or by a third party organisation.

Definition of a sponsor

"Sponsor" means someone other than the student who assumes the liability for the payment of a student’s fees. This may be an internal University department, or the student’s employer. It may also include government agencies or any other third party that agrees to meet the financial responsibilities of a nominated enrolled student(s).


When you enrol into a VU course,  you can have your course fees paid (sponsored) by your employer or by a third party organisation.

To do this, the student and the sponsor organisation must submit a completed External Sponsorship Agreement Form .

Sponsorship Agreements can be submitted  from the time of enrolment, up to the census date after the time of enrolment.

Forms can be submitted to our Student Service Centres or alternatively by email to sponsorships@vu.edu.au.

Signing these forms indicates entry into a third party contract between the sponsor, student and Victoria University.

Validity of sponsorship agreement

Each Sponsorship Agreement is valid for the period that is stated on each form.

When this period ends, the student and sponsor will need to submit a new agreement.

The sponsor is liable for all specified fees incurred up to the end of the Sponsorship Agreement or at the point of termination of the Agreement if it is terminated early.

Sponsor invoices

For Higher Education courses:

  • A sponsor invoice that lists all fees owing for each sponsored student in a Higher education course will be issued to the sponsor within two weeks of census date of each study period.

For VE/TAFE courses:

  • A sponsor invoice that list all fees owing for each sponsored student will be issued to the sponsor within 30 days of the agreement being processed.


Sponsors must provide full payment of the sponsored fees by each specified due date on each invoice.

Where payment in full is not received by the due date, an encumbrance will be placed on each outstanding student record. This encumbrance will prevent the student from accessing their assessment results, enrolment additions or applying to graduate.

VU staff members 

If you are currently employed at Victoria University and believe that you should be sponsored for your course, please contact sponsorships@vu.edu.au directly for more information.

Sponsor Agreement form - Internal - A89.

To obtain a copy of the Letter of Acknowledgement template, please contact sponsorships@vu.edu.au.

Terms & conditions

Read the external sponsorship terms and conditions.

Contact us