Re-enrolment steps

Current Victoria University (VU) students are required to re-enrol each year.

You can re-enrol:

  • online if your course is enabled to do so, or 
  • by completing an enrolment form at VUHQ (Student Service Centre) or an enrolment hub for courses not available for online enrolment.

Re-enrol immediately to secure your place in your course.

Check your course delivery plan for information about your course structure in 2017, including whether or not your course is available for online enrolment.

If you have been advised that your course is being phased out and replaced with a new version please do not re-enrol until we confirm that your record has been updated.  

VU Sydney students: please see re-enrolling in VU Sydney Courses.

Before you enrol

Before you enrol, you need to be sure of which units to select, and if they are offered in 2017.

Ways to check for units to enrol into:

  • Check your College course delivery plan to help you enrol in the correct unit sequence.
  • Speak to your Course or Unit Coordinator if you need further help to select units.
  • Check the 2017 timetable to see what is offered in 2017.
  • Check MYVU Portal after it opens for re-enrolment on Monday 31 October 2016 if your course has online enrolment. (view our online enrolment help for more information).
  • If online enrolment is not available for your course and you need further assistance with re-enrolling, you can visit VUHQ (Student Service Centre).

Your responsibilities

It is your responsibility to:

  • keep your personal details and enrolment information up to date
  • choose units that fit your course structure
  • check whether there are any pre-requisite and co-requisite units you need to satisfy
  • re-enrol for both semesters
  • re-enrol before census and pay by the due date to avoid a late fee of $150 being added to your account.

If you are enrolled in a double degree you should seek academic advice from Course Coordinators from each discipline.

Please note: If you re-enrol for 2017 before your 2016 results are released we recommend checking your enrolment again once you receive your results. If you have failed a unit, you need to find out how this affects your enrolment and progression in your course. Seek advice from your Course Coordinator.


Most higher education courses are available for online enrolment. Check if your course is available for online enrolment on the delivery plans page.

Course available for online enrolment

The online enrolment system will be available on Monday 31 October 2016 for Semester 3 Summer school (2016/2017), Semester 1 and Semester 2 2017.

From 31 October:

  • you must use Google Chrome web browser for online enrolment
  • make sure you enable popups on Chrome
  • go to MYVU Portal>My Details>Online Enrolment and complete all the steps to re-enrol online for Semester 1 and 2.

You can refer to the online enrolment help and instructions for support.

Course not available for online enrolment

If your course is not available for online enrolment, you will need to complete a paper enrolment form.

Amending your units

If you are a higher education or a diploma and above student you may amend your enrolment at any time prior to the end of the third week of each semester.

Online system closure

Friday of week 3 of semesters 1 and 2 only is commonly known as administrative census date for timely amendments (last day to add units).

Students who enrolled online will be able to add units until 11:59pm (23:59) on that Friday. After this time the system will close for unit additions and any changes that need to be made after this date will incur a late fee of $150.

After the online system closes, you will need to complete a unit of study amendment form if you need to amend your enrolment. This amendment must be approved by your Course Coordinator.

If necessary, you may withdraw from your units or course until census date. Any withdrawal made after the census date will attract a fail result and financial penalties.

Vocational & Further Education (TAFE) students

Unique Student Identifier

TAFE Students

Victoria Polytechnic is the TAFE division of Victoria University, delivering our Certificate I-IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses. Visit our Victoria Polytechnic website for more information to support your studies.

From 2015, all Vocational & Further Education (VE/FE or TAFE) students are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) as part of enrolment in nationally recognised training in Australia.

Apply for a USI.

You will need to bring this number with you when you re-enrol for 2017 at VU.

Fee concession

Eligible VET students re-enrolling into a Certificate I - IV will need to bring your current concession card if you wish to claim a concession rate on your fees.

Contact us

Ask VU: Find answers and ask questions
Phone: +61 3 9919 6100
Visit: VUHQ (Student Service Centres).