See the world and experience a different culture
By studying overseas you can:
- develop a network of contacts and extend your career opportunities
- learn a language and enhance your communication skills
- develop life experiences and self confidence
- receive credits towards your Victoria University degree*.
* A study plan must be prepared in consultation with your course coordinator to ensure overseas units are comparable to those you would be studying at VU.
Find out more: broaden your horizons - study overseas!
Opportunities for studying overseas
You can study on an exchange placement with a partner institution or study abroad with an institution of your choice.
You may also want to consider studying overseas on short-term programs (including study tours, summer & winter programs and volunteer opportunities).
Study exchange program
Gain credit towards your degree by studying for a year or a semester with one of our international exchange partners. We have over 100 exchange partner institutions to choose from all continents.
Exchange students are not required to pay tuition fees to the overseas institution, but continue to pay Victoria University fees as normal.
Study abroad program
Study abroad for a semester or a year with an institution if your choice.
The Study Abroad program is very similar to the student exchange program, with two major differences:
- Tuition fees for that semester will need to be paid directly to the institution. You may also be eligible of a range of funding schemes.
- You can choose any institution that accepts study abroad students (as long as your course coordinator agrees that the units you choose are acceptable).
To be eligible to study on an exchange program you must have:
- achieved a credit average minimum ( more than or equal to 60%)
- completed one year of undergraduate study (8 units) at VU by the time you depart, or
- completed one semester of postgraduate study (4 units) at VU by the time you depart.
Follow the steps to apply to study overseas and submit your application by the closing date:
- For Semester 1 exchange: applications due by 31 July of prior year
- For Semester 2 exchange: applications due by 30 November of prior year
Contact us about exchange
If you have any questions about studying overseas on exchange as part of your Victoria University degree, contact Victoria Abroad.