Victoria University and the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) have been working in partnership for over 10 years. To celebrate this decade of collaboration, the universities are hosting a unique student exchange program where accepted students are guaranteed paid employment at UTEP.
El Paso is a historic city on the US-Mexican border, with a rich Hispanic culture. The semester-long exchange begins in mid-August, with applications closing early March.
As part of the program, you'll receive:
- four units of study as part of your course
- a VU Study Overseas Grant of $2000 to assist with expenses
- the possibility of taking out an OS-HELP loan of up to $6791 (eligibility requirements apply and the loan becomes part of your HECS debt)
- a paid position of up to 19 hours a week while you study
- the chance to participate in UTEP’s Student Leadership Conference and their Student Leadership Program.
To be eligible for this exchange program, you need to:
- be a current domestic student studying a bachelor degree with VU
- have already completed eight units in your degree prior to departure
- have enough space in your degree to take a full-time semester load
- have a minimum 60 per cent credit average in your studies
- have approval from your course coordinator for the units you wish to study at UTEP.
Law, nursing, osteopathy and paramedic students cannot apply due to the structured nature of their degree programs.
- Interview and acceptance process starts mid-March.
- Pre-departure workshops are from April to June.
- First day of class at UTEP starts mid-August.
- Last day of class at UTEP is early December.
How to apply
Complete the application form and submit before March to be considered.
Before you begin, you'll need a copy of your current resume and your most recent academic transcript ready to upload.
You can contact your Course & Unit Advisor if you would like confirmation that the UTEP Leadership Exchange will fit into your degree.