Students in the final year of their Bachelor of Marketing Communication undertake a professional placement under the supervision of a qualified specialist. This enables students to gain industry experience and graduate with firm practical skills and an established network in their field.
Our new student-led Communications Agency at Footscray Park campus allows Bachelor of Marketing Communication students to become early career professionals by working to industry standards with clients on real projects.
About the placement
Marketing Communication students undertake placements in all manner of organisations and businesses, from government departments and international publishing houses, through to small event companies and social media specialists.
Due to their broad skills set, Marketing Communication students can undertake a variety of tasks while on placement, including:
- researching and writing articles
- drafting newspaper/magazine and online articles
- drafting media releases and advertising material
- creating marketing collateral
- managing social media and general publicity and promotions
- organising and planning events.
'I knew Victoria University prioritised workplace learning and that would provide the best pathway to a career in communications.'
Jenelle Backman – Marketing & Business Development Manager, AllianceCorp Pty Ltd.
Bachelor of Communication
Student forms and surveys for professional placements via the College of Arts:
- Student Guide - Professional Placement Program
- Professional Placement Contract
- Log of hours
- Placement evaluation report
Forms and surveys for employers hosting a professional placement with the College of Arts:
Lecturer, Marketing Communications
Phone: +61 3 9919 4937