The Netball Academy is an important pathway for many athletes as they work towards selection in a Victorian Netball League (VNL) team and other elite pathway programs.
The Academy targets athletes in the 13, 15, 17 (and under) age brackets.
Participants benefit from:
- specialist monthly coaching sessions
- strength and conditioning sessions
- access to Victoria University Aquatic and Fitness Centres
- allied health services and education in osteopathy, sport psychology, nutritional therapy and massage
- Victoria University course information and pathways.
The academy has produced a number of athletes that have been selected for State and Australian representation in netball. Many participants have moved through the program into study at VU and then gain the experience of representing the University at inter-university competitions.
VU Netball Academy staff and coaches encourage athletes to play for their club or association team while also participating in VU Netball Academy on-court sessions.