Eligibility to register for disability support
To be eligible for disability support, you must:
- be currently enrolled
- have a disability or health condition that impacts your studies, including long-term medical conditions or a physical, sensory, neurological, psychiatric, learning or intellectual disability. They may be permanent, fluctuating, occasional or temporary
- provide a Health Practitioner Report from a qualified professional.
Your health practitioner report includes:
- the nature of the specific impairment or condition
- if the disability is permanent, temporary, fluctuating or constant
- details of the impact the condition is likely to have your ability to study
- recommended support services and/or reasonable adjustments to minimise impact on your study
- medical professional's title, credentials and stamp
- legible hand-writing on letterhead, dated and signed by your practitioner.
Documents need to contain the most recent information of your condition.
Depending on your condition, documents need to be dated within a certain period before you register for disability services.
- Within the last two weeks for temporary conditions.
- Within the last six months for fluctuating conditions.
- Within the last three years for learning disabilities.
- No specific date required for permanent disabilities.
There is a formal registration process to access our support services.
The first step is to register your details. Once we receive your registration we will contact you to arrange an appointment with a Disability Support Worker.