Are you interested in learning basic welding techniques for your DIY home projects, an introduction to further studies or new employment opportunities?
Learn the basic principles in welding processes including using gas (Mig) and manual metal arc (Stick) welding, tungsten inert gas welding (Tig) and some basic oxy cutting techniques.
|9 September – 21 October 2019||5.30–9.30pm||Monday evening classes|
|28 October – 16 December 2019||5.30–9.30pm||Monday evening classes|
This course will be delivered through a combination of a classroom theory and practical activities in our well-equipped welding workshop.
The first session will provide an overview of the following:
- occupational health and safety requirements in the welding industry
- layout of the workshop
- different types of equipment within the fabrication area.
You will cover the basics in welding in three processes commonly used in industry.
- It is compulsory you wear steel capped boots and cotton drill full sleeved overalls or similar long sleeve protective clothing.
- As part of your Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), you will need to provide your own welding gloves, safety glasses and welding face shield.
- A tool kit is not included in your course fee. Please ensure you bring your own kit to class.
To provide the community with an introductory course in basic welding skills including basic oxy cutting.
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee you entry into this course.
Some courses receive more applications than the number of places available. In this situation we will also assess your education, work and other relevant experience.
Basic personal protective equipment (PPE) is required. Included in this should be a Welding shield, safety glasses, oxy goggles, grinding goggles and gauntlet gloves.