TAE40110 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Are an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- Are an Australian permanent resident; or
- Hold a permanent Australian humanitarian visa
- Are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident; and
- Do not hold a permanent Australian humanitarian visa; and
- Are not a New Zealand citizen; and
- Hold a temporary visa. More information is available on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) and liveinaustralia websites
On this page
VU course code:TAE40110
Location:City King St
Study mode:Part Time
Delivery mode:On campus and Workplace
Duration:0.5 years part time
Develop the skills and knowledge required to perform the role of a trainer, facilitator or assessor in the workplace and in Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
This course is suitable for professionals, tradespeople and others who are training or are required to train in the workplace.
During the course you will:
- learn to plan and design learning programs
- learn to best facilitate learning and assessment for groups and individuals
- develop skills for effective training in the workplace
- gain an understanding of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector.
The TAE40110 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is recognised Australia wide and is the qualification that complies with the standards set out by the National Standards and Skills Council.
Intensive block mode option
This intensive course is delivered over a five week period as 3 blocks of 3-day workshops, totalling 9 days.
Night class option
This offering of the course involves spreading your studies over 18 weeks. Students have a 3 hour evening workshop every week (from 6pm - 9pm).
Day class option
This offering of the course involves spreading your studies over 9 weeks. Students have a full day workshop every week for 9 weeks.
If you have enquiries about this course you can contact email@example.com or the Student Contact Centre on +61 3 9919 6100.
- workplace trainer and/or assessor
- RTO trainer and/or assessor
Find out more about pathways and credits.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You may be able to complete your qualification sooner through formal recognition of your existing skills. This is known as Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
To receive RPL, we assess your previous work, education and life experiences against recognised qualifications. Applications for RPL can be made prior to enrolling.
Call us on +61 3 9919 6100 to discuss RPL options with the course manager.
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is a nationally recognised training and assessment qualification, which replaces the previous TAA40104 Training Package for Assessment and Training. The new TAE10 Training Package is designed to meet the current and future competency development and qualification needs of new and existing personnel working across a broad range of work functions and activities within Vocational Education and Training (VET).
This qualification is offered to:
• People seeking to undertake training and assessment
• Individuals undertaking professional development or staff development
• Individuals seeking to extend or enhance and compliment their existing qualifications
• Registered Training Organisations and staff intending to deliver and or assess Training Package qualifications to internal or external clients.
To be eligible to for the qualification of TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, students are required to complete a total of ten (10) units of competency, consisting of:
Seven (7) Core Units, and;
Three (3) Elective Units.
At least two (2) elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below. One (1) elective may be selected from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course. Elective units must be relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and the qualification level. Where a unit is chosen from another currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course, it must be from a qualification or course at Certificate III level or above, and must contribute towards the vocational outcome of the program.
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee you entry into this course.
Some courses receive more applications than the number of places available. In this situation we will also assess your education, work and other relevant experience.
- Mature: A combination of relevant vocational industry experience/qualifications and educational experience/qualifications
- Other: Direct Entry
A combination of relevant vocational industry experience/qualifications and educational experience/qualifications
How to apply for this course
Prior to enrolment, all applicants will be required to complete a literacy and numeracy assessment to assist with determining eligibility and to identify learning support needs.
Direct applications due 2 November 2016.
Consider whether you also wish to apply for:
Special admission: You can request special consideration be given to your application based on your individual situation.
Find out more about special admission or complete the Direct admissions special consideration application
- Extra credit for past skills and study - known as Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) or Skills recognition.
When you're ready:Apply direct to VU
You will need to create an account (or use your existing VU one).
Direct applications due 2 November 2016.
After you apply:
- It’s important to check for emails from us (remember to check your Spam folder).
- Complete any requests for information by the given dates, otherwise your application may not be considered
You can also contact us directly:
- Ring us on +61 3 9919 6100
- Find answers and ask questions at GOTOVU
Please fill out the form below, and we'll get back to you shortly.
Please note that if changes to this course occur, VU will notify students as soon as possible.
At Victoria University, we aim to display accurate and complete course information online. However, we are unable to guarantee that every course change is currently displayed. You may contact the University directly on +61 3 9919 6100 to confirm the most up-to-date course fees, pathways and credit transfer, recognition of prior learning, admission and enrolment procedures, examinations and services available to our students.