CHC40213 - Certificate IV in Education Support
- Are an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- Are an Australian permanent resident; or
- Hold a permanent Australian humanitarian visa
- Are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident; and
- Do not hold a permanent Australian humanitarian visa; and
- Are not a New Zealand citizen; and
- Hold a temporary visa. More information is available on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) and liveinaustralia websites
On this page
VU course code:CHC40213
Study mode:Full Time
Delivery mode:Class Contact and On campus
Duration:1 year full time
Become a qualified teacher's assistant and you could work in a range of education settings, including public schools, independent schools and community education.
This course will open opportunities for further studies in education and career development.
- education assistant
- support worker (working with children with disabilities)
- teacher assistant
- teacher aide
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education worker
- Indigenous language and culture teaching assistant
- integration aide
- multicultural aide
- integration coordinator
Find out more about pathways and credits.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You may be able to complete your qualification sooner through formal recognition of your existing skills. This is known as Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
To receive RPL, we assess your previous work, education and life experiences against recognised qualifications. Applications for RPL can be made prior to enrolling.
Call us on +61 3 9919 6100 to discuss RPL options with the course manager.
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of education settings, including public and independent schools and community education settings, who provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad-based supervision.
Some job roles may require tasks to be performed with a moderate level of autonomy and/or the provision of supervision/leadership to other staff/volunteers.
To qualify for the Certificate IV in Education Support participants must successfully complete a total of 17 units of study, comprising of 12 core units and 5 elective units in accordance with the packaging rules specified in CHC Community Services Training Package and the University's approval.
- CHCEDS001 - Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCEDS024 - Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander education
Elective Units (5 required, as per the Training Package rules and the University's approval)
- Year 12: Successful completion of VCE or equivalent.
- Mature: Relevant industry or vocational experience or assessed as being capable to complete the course by the University.
- Other: Working with children/police checks are required to participate in this course
How to apply for this course
Direct applications due 15 March 2016.
Consider whether you also wish to apply for:
Special admission: You can request special consideration be given to your application based on your individual situation.
Find out more about special admission or complete the Direct admissions special consideration application
- Extra credit for past skills and study - known as Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) or Skills recognition.
When you're ready:Apply direct to VU
You will need to create an account (or use your existing VU one).
Direct applications due 15 March 2016.
After you apply:
- It’s important to check for emails from us (remember to check your Spam folder).
- Complete any requests for information by the given dates, otherwise your application may not be considered
You can also contact us directly:
- Ring us on +61 3 9919 6100
- Find answers and ask questions at GOTOVU
Please fill out the form below, and we'll get back to you shortly.
Please note that if changes to this course occur, VU will notify students as soon as possible.
At Victoria University, we aim to display accurate and complete course information online. However, we are unable to guarantee that every course change is currently displayed. You may contact the University directly on +61 3 9919 6100 to confirm the most up-to-date course fees, pathways and credit transfer, recognition of prior learning, admission and enrolment procedures, examinations and services available to our students.