The portfolio of the Vice-President, Future Students and International has a broad range of responsibilities. Through its 180+ staff, the group leads strategy and operations on a number of critical external-facing functions in local and global contexts, including accountability for the following:
- marketing and communications
- transnational education programs (more than 6500 students in Asia)
- international student mobility programs
- Victoria University Sydney (more than 700 students)
- new ventures opportunity development.
The Vice-President, Future Students and International is a member of the University’s Senior Executive Group.
Steve is an international specialist with over twenty years’ experience gained through leadership roles in the dynamic, complex and endlessly fascinating world of international education.
Following an early teaching career, Steve has played key management roles in both the public and private education sectors in the UK and Australia.
He joined Victoria University in 2010 from the University of Westminster in London, one of the UK's most internationally active universities, where he was Director of International Education for five years.
Steve oversees the Future Students and International portfolio. This includes:
- Marketing and Communications
- Victoria University International
- VU Online
- VU Innovations.