Professor Robert Pascoe
Dean Laureate and Professor of History
Robert Pascoe joined the university in 1984 and became the Foundation Dean of Arts, a role he filled for 17 years. From 1998 to 2002 he was also the Head of St Albans Campus. He is the author, co-author or editor of three dozen books and technical reports in Australian history, Italian migration, World History, and university education.
Pascoe, R 2013, World History, vol. 1: People and Their Gods, ConnorCourt, Ballan, Vic.
Pascoe, R 2013, World History, vol. 2: Human Destiny in Human Hands, ConnorCourt, Ballarat, Vic.
Pascoe, R 2012, Nat Bonacci: No Ordinary Australian, ConnorCourt, Ballan, Vic.
Pascoe, R 2010, 'The Islamic Turn in Australian and the Christian West', Education and Society, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 51-70
Pascoe, R & Thomson, F 1989, In Old Kalgoorlie: The Photographs of J. J. Dwyer, Western Australian Museum, Welshpool WA, Revised Edition
View a full list of Robert's publications in VU's Research Repository.
Robert teaches the following undergraduate units:
- AAH2002: The World before 1770
- AAH3003: Making the modern Middle East
- AAH3001: Histories of immigrant Australia
Postgraduate research students and post-doctoral fellows
- Ben Anwyl (principal supervisor)
- Jennifer Rabach (critical friend)
- Alex Ramirez (principal supervisor)
- Brian Weedon (principal supervisor)
- Australian Historical Association
- Professional Historians Association
Appearances in the media
416 appearances during 2012
- Australian and International Studies
- College of Arts & Education
Areas of expertise
- Australian Rules Football
- Italian migration
- Knowledge and the state
- Middle Eastern studies
- World history